As I write this, we are nearing the end of 2020. It has been a crazy year with its many ups and downs, many lessons, and yes, many gifts. Even though we are amidst a worldwide pandemic, there is a lot to be grateful for in these times. More so, even then before.
I have learned lessons in gratitude, humility, and self-correcting. This has been a year of hanging on to the rudder (sometimes with two hands) and directing it to where you want to go. This has been a year of self-discover, self-destiny, and self-awareness.
As I write down my own list of what I am grateful for this year, I would encourage you to do the same. Writing lists serves as a silent prayer, a way of telling the Universe that you are willing to do the work.
So here is my list, of what I can think of now – as I am sure there are some things I’ll be missing!
- I am grateful for (in no particular order):
- The lessons that have been taught to me when I have veered a little off the path of Light
- The perspectives and insight I’ve been gifted with upon learning those lessons
- The creative talents I have to share
- My loving husband who supports me and who has a good career so that I can work from home
- The home I live in, for it’s shelter and warmth
- The family I have – although we may disagree sometimes, when it comes down to brass tacks, we all have the same destiny.
- My amazing in-laws, and my extended family
- The wonderful soul-connections I’ve enjoyed this year with like-minded people
- The chance for growth within myself
- The mistakes I’ve made along the way
- The ability to get back up, correct the course, and move on
- Getting my Chakradance license and being able to facilitate classes and workshops.
- Continuing my Bellydance classes – teaching and attending, even through Covid times
- A cute car to vroom about in the summer and winter
- The new kitchen witching I’ve been able to pursue – bread making, herbs, experimenting with teas
- The equipment I’ve got to run my business
- My crystals!
- The confidence to try new things
- My health
- The Universe, The Creator God, and the time here on Earth
- Learning to dry and harvest herbs
- Success in my business, despite not being able to do shows or have large classes – this year was actually better than last year!
- My beautiful (older) fur baby. She’ll be 14 in February, and she’s been such a blessing.
I have so much more, but will have to stop there… I have so much to do today. It’s amazing how much you can occupy yourself with, when you’re a work-from-home entrepreneur!
Keep smiling, keep being grateful – and if you have to, take it one day at a time, one breath at a time.
Be healthy, be happy, and live your life the best you can.